Контрольная работа Вариант 3
- Прочтите и письменно переведите текст
The British Museum
The British Museum is the largest and richest of its kind in the world. This Museum comprises the National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography, and the National Library. It was built in the middle of the 19th century. The Museum is situated in London (in Bloomsbury district).
On one of the houses in Bloomsbury there is a plaque, which tells people that for nearly 50year this was the home of Sir Hans Sloane, the benefactor of the British Museum.
Sir Hans Sloane was an Irishman. He arrived in London nearly 300 years ago with 800 species of plants collected in West India. His particular specialities were natural history specimens and books. All his long life Sir Hans Sloane remained a collector. In his will he offered his vast collection to the people of Britain. Later on the Government bought his collection. Two important libraries were added to the collection of natural history specimens and books.
At first, his collections were on view to the public in a large house not far from the present museum.
The present building was built in 1852.
By law a copy of every book, periodical or newspaper published in Britain must be preserved in the British Museum. All printed matter is kept in a separate building in another part of London.
The British Museum is closely connected with the name of an Italian, Anthony Panizzi. Being a lawyer, he occupied the position of principal librarian at the British Museum. He also designed plans for the construction of the famous circular Reading Room at the British Museum. Visitors to the Museum who want to enter the Reading Room must have a ticket of admission. Only people оf the age of 21, engaged in serious study and who can’t obtain the books they require elsewhere, use the Reading Room.
The Reading Room has an unusual shape. It is a perfect circle. The superintendent and his assistants sit in the centre of the room and issue and collect books. The catalogues are kept behind them. Today there’re millions of volumes in the library.
The British museum contains books and manuscripts: British, Greek, Roman and oriental antiquities. This collection is so vast that only a very small percentage is on show to the public. Every year the British Museum is visited by 2 million people.
- Ответьте на вопросы по тексту
- What does the British Museum comprise?
- When was it built?
- Where is it situated?
- What was sir Hans Sloan?
- When was the present building built?
- What was Anthony Panizzi?
- What must have visitors to the Reading room of the British Museum?
- What does the British Museum contain?
- Вставьте глагол tо be в Present Simple.
- …your sister a doctor?
- Where … you from?
- He … at work.
- What … the time? Two o`clock.
- I …at home now.
6 … you a dancer? No, I … not. I … a singer.
- How old … you? I … 19.
- How …you? I …fine.
- Where… your bag? It … on the table.
- You … right.
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous.
- Mr. Jones (to clean) his flat.
- I … (not to eat), I… (to read).
- Who (to cook) dinner in the kitchen?
- The girls (to sing) a song.
- It (to rain). Take the umbrella.
- She (to wash) her hair at the moment.
- Поставьте глаголы в Present Continuous или Present Simple.
- I ( to take) my sister to school now.
- I (to take ) her to school every day.
- At the moment they ( to go) to the river to swim.
- They usually ( to go) to the river for a swim.
- We ( to drink) tea now. We ( to drink) every morning.
- I (not to sleep) now. I (not to sleep) in the day time.
- What you ( to do) now? What (to do) at the lessons?
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple.
- On Monday we (to have) 6 lessons.
- We ( to see) a very good film last night.
- In the evening their children (to watch) TV and (to do ) homework.
- They ( to spend) their holidays abroad last summer.
- She ( to come ) home two hours ago.
- He (to study) in London last year?
- She ( not to go ) to school yesterday.
- When you (to visit) your grandmother?
- Вставьте глаголы в Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple.
- You ( to be) at the theatre yesterday.
- My mother (not to work) in the garden now.
- Everybody (to have) a good time every Saturday?
- Where they ( to go) now?
- What your brother (to do) yesterday?
- What your brother ( to do) now?
- What your brother (to do) every day?
- Her English (not to be ) excellent, but she (to work) at it.
- Вставьте артикли, где нужно.
- …London is the capital of …Great Britain.
- My brother is … pupil. He goes to … school.
- What do you do when you come … from school?
- …Thames is …short river.
- There is …picture on …wall.
- On …Saturday and on …Sunday he does not go to …work.
- I go to …school in …morning.
- What do you do after …breakfast.
- My …aunt and my …uncle are …doctors.
- …Pacific Ocean is very deep.
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одной из следующих видо—временных форм: Present Indefinite, Past Indefinite, Future Indefinite, Present Continuous, Past Continuous, Present Perfect.
- I (to see) the film this week.
- I (not to write) the letter now.
- Pupils (to go) to school every day.
- The (not to go ) to school on Sunday.
- Yesterday they ( to go) to the country.
- They (not to go ) to Moscow last year.
- When I ( to come ) home my sister ( to play ) the piano.
- When you (to enter) the University?
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Active voice или в Passive voice.
- Moscow University (to found) by Lomonosov.
- He ( to give) me this book next week.
- We ( to call) Zhukovsky the father of Russian aviation.
- The telegram ( to receive) tomorrow.
- Budapest (to divide) by the Danube into two parts: Buda and Pest.
- The answer to this question can ( to find) in the encyclopedia.
- We (to show) the historical monuments to the delegation tomorrow.
- You can (to find) interesting information about the life in the USA in this book.
- Поставьте слова в правильном порядке, чтобы получились вопросительные предложения.
- your, friendly, is, teacher, English?
- phone, what, is, your, number?
- you, do, city, in, live?
- parents, do, know, your, English?
- cinema, do, go, you, how, to, the, often?
- often, do, the, how, you, watch, news?
- friends, how, see, often, you, do, your?
- you, watch, did, TV, night, last?
- Переведите на английский язык, употребляя модальные глаголы can, must, may.
- Я не могу перевести это предложение.
- В прошлом году я не умел кататься на коньках.
- Можно я возьму вашу ручку?
- Я не могу перевести это предложение.
- Твоя бабушка умела танцевать когда была молодая?
- Она не может вас понять.
- Моя бабушка не умеет пользоваться компьютером.
- Мы не должны опаздывать на занятия.
- Вставьте модальные глаголы may (might), can (could)
- He … go home if he likes.
- I you pass your exams , you … go to the south.
- Becky`s mother said that everybody … take part in the picnic.
- … you swim last year?
- I … translate this sentence.
- Nobody … help him.
- … you swim last year?
- Передайте следующие предложения в косвенной речи.
- The woman said, “You speak English very well”
- My sister said, “I am going to be a doctor”
- She said, “They arrived to Saint Petersburg yesterday.”
- He said, “They are leaving next Monday”.
- The clerk said to them, “You can leave the key with the maid upstairs”.
- Nick said, “I have never been to London”.
- The teacher said, “Next year we shall have six hours of English a week.”
- Mother said to me, “I feel not well today.”
с дистанционным обучением?