Контрольная работа Вариант 2
- Прочтите и письменно переведите текст
The word comedy comes from the Greek word, which means merrymaking. Comedy is a form of drama that deals with humorous or ridiculous situations and has a happy ending. But even in the midst of laughter, comedy can raise surprisingly serious problems.
Greek playwrights never mixed tragedy and comedy in the same play. Greek Old Comedy, as the comic plays of the 400`s BC are called, was outspoken and bawdy.
The only surviving comedies are by Aristophanes. His plays reflect the spirit of Athens at that time, with the Athenians` sense of freedom, vitality, and high spirits, and their ability to laugh at themselves.
After Athens was defeated in the Peloponnesian War in 404 BC, there was less freedom of speech. Old Comedy, with its elements of political and social satire, was no longer permitted by the government.
Comedy revived in Athens in the late 300`s BC, but it changed so much that it was called New Comedy. New Comedy dealt mostly with the everyday life of middle-class Athenians. Private intrigues replaced the political and social satire of Old Comedy.
With the decline of Greek civilization, drama fell into decay. It was revived in Rome and the Romans plays were modeled on the Greek. The Romans liked comedy and disliked tragedy. Plautus and Terence, ancient Roman playwrights wrote situation comedies from everyday life.
Their plays were of high standard, but in course of time the comedies of Rome became coarse and vulgar. The early Christian fathers, horrified by the indecency of the Roman plays, finally closed down all the theatres in the empire.
Слово «комедия» происходит от греческого слова «веселье». Комедия -это форма драмы, которая имеет дело с юмористическими или смешными ситуациями и имеет счастливый конец. Но несмотря на смех, комедия могла поднять очень серьезные проблемы.
Греческие драматурги никогда не смешивали трагедию и комедию в одной пьесе. Греческая старая комедия, как называют комические пьесы 400-х годов, была откровенной и непристойной.
Единственные сохранившиеся комедии принадлежали Аристофану. Его пьесы отражают дух Афин того времени, с чувством свободы, жизненной силы и хорошего настроения, а также способностью афинян посмеяться над собой.
После поражения Афин в Пелопоннесской войне в 404 году до нашей эры свободы слова стало меньше. Старая комедия с ее элементами политической и социальной сатиры больше не допускалась правительством.
Комедия возродилась в Афинах в конце 300-х годов до нашей эры, но она настолько изменилась, что ее назвали «новой комедией». Новая комедия касалась в основном повседневной жизни афинян среднего класса. Частные интриги заменили политическую и социальную сатиру «старой комедии».
С упадком греческой цивилизации драматургия пришла в упадок. Она была возрождена в Риме, и римские пьесы были созданы по образцу греческих. Римляне любили комедию и не любили трагедию. Плавт и Теренс, древнеримские драматурги, писали ситуационные комедии из повседневной жизни.
Их пьесы были высокого качества, но со временем римские комедии стали грубыми и вульгарными. Родоначальники христианства, ужаснувшись непристойности римских пьес, в конце концов закрыли все театры в империи.
- Ответьте на вопросы по тексту
- What language does the word comedy come from? — The word comedy comes from the Greek word.
- What does this word mean in Greek? – This word means merrymaking.
- What is the difference between comedy and tragedy endings? – The difference between comedy and tragedy endings is the following: Comedy has a happy ending and tragedy has a saddening.
- What was Old Comedy? — Old Comedy was outspoken and bawdy.
- What was New Comedy? — New Comedy was without political and social satire.
- Were Roman plays modeled in the Greek? – Yes, they were modeled on the Greek.
- Why were all the theatres in the Empire closed by the early Christian fathers? – They were closed because then plays became coarse and vulgar.
- What were the well-known Greek playwrights? — Greek playwrights never mixed tragedy and comedy in the same play.
- Вставьте глагол (to be) в Present Simple
- Where are Lisa and John? They are at college.
- What is your name?
- Are you busy? No, I am not.
- Is your sister at school?
- My name is Ann. I am 18.
- Are you a dancer? No, I am not. I am a teacher.
- We are at school now.
- His wife is not from Moscow.
- My cousins are students.
- This is not my pen.
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous.
- I (to do) my homework. — I am doing my homework.
- John and his friend (to go) to the library. — John and his friend are going to the library.
- My brother ( to play ) computer games now. — My brother is playing computer games now.
- The old man (to walk) along the street. — The old man walking along the street.
- We (to drink) coffee. — We are drinking coffee.
- My sister (to write ) a dictation. — My sister is writing a dictation.
- Поставьте глаголы в Present Simple или Present Continuous
- What you ( to do) here? I ( to wait) for my friend. — What you doing here?
I am waiting for my friend.
- We (not to watch) TV in the morning. — We don’t watch TV in the morning.
- How often she ( to take) medicine? — How often does she take medicine?
- My father ( not to sleep) now. He (to work ) in the garden. — My father is not sleeping now. He is working in the garden.
- Your sister (to study) at the college? – Does your sister study at the college?
- The pupils ( to write ) a dictation now. — The pupils are writing a dictation now.
- I ( to translate) an article from English into Russian. — I translate an article from English into Russian.
- Your sister ( to rest) now? – Is your sister resting now?
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple.
- I (to go) to bed at 12 o`clock yesterday. — I went to bed at 12 o`clock yesterday.
- We (not to rest) yesterday. — We did not rest yesterday.
- What you (to get) for your birthday? — What did you get for your birthday?
- I (to be) busy last summer. — I was busy last summer.
- They (to enjoy) at the concert last evening? – Did they enjoy at the concert last evening?
- Who (to create) Mickey Mouse? — Who created Mickey Mouse?
- Where he (to spend) last summer? — Where did he spend last summer?
- How she (to help) mother yesterday? — How did she help mother yesterday?
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одной из следующих видо—временных форм: Present Simple, Past Simple, Present Continuous, Future Simple.
- Hurry! The bus (to come). I ( not want ) to miss it. — Hurry! The bus is coming. I do not want to miss it.
- I ( to help ) you tomorrow. — I will help you tomorrow.
- Where you (to be ) yesterday? — Where were you yesterday?
- What (to write)? — What are you writing?
- The pupils (to write ) a dictation now. — The pupils are writing a dictation now.
- Where your brother (to work)? — Where does your brother work?
- You (to skate) last Sunday? – Did you skate last Sunday?
- Yesterday I ( to come) home from school at 2 o`clock. — Yesterday I came home from school at 2 o`clock.
- Вставьте артикли, где нужно.
- This is a book. It is my book.
- I have two sisters.
- Moscow is situated on the Moscow river.
- Is Asia an island or a continent?
- The Black Sea is in the south of our country?
- There is a big tree in the garden.
- My brother is a pupil. He goes to school.
- At home he does his homework.
- In August he has his birthday.
- After school he goes home.
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в одной из следующих видо—временных форм: Present Simple, Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Continuous, Past Continuous, Present Perfect.
- When Anna (to have breakfast) every day? — When does Anna have breakfast every day?
- Last week she ( to write) a story about her pet. — Last week she wrote a story about her pet.
- You ( to come) to my place next week? – Will you come to my place next week?
- I (not to play) the guitar now. — I am not playing the guitar now.
- When I (to come) home yesterday my sister (to sleep). — When I came home yesterday my sister was sleeping.
- They ( to pay ) the electric bill this month? – Have they paid the electric bill this month?
- When I ( to enter ) the kitchen, I ( to see) that my mother ( to stand) at the table and (to cut) some cabbage. She ( to cook) dinner. — When I entered the kitchen, I saw that my mother was standing at the table and cutting some cabbage. She was cooking dinner.
- Nowadays cars ( to get) more and more expensive. — Nowadays cars get more and more expensive.
- Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Active Voice или Passive Voice.
- Budapest ( to divide) by the Danube into two parts : Buda and Pest. — Budapest is divided by the Danube into two parts : Buda and Pest.
- Yuri Dolgoruki ( to found) Moscow in 1147. — Yuri Dolgoruki founded Moscow in 1147.
- We ( to call) Zhukovski the father of Russian aviation. — We call Zhukovski the father of Russian aviation.
- He ( to give ) me this book next week. — He will give me this book next week.
- The letter ( to receive ) tomorrow. — The letter will be received tomorrow.
- Hockey ( to play ) in winter. — Hockey is played in winter.
- Mushrooms ( to gather ) in autumn. — Mushrooms are gathered in autumn.
- The porter ( to bring) your luggage to your room. — The porter will bring your luggage to your room.
- Поставьте слова в правильном порядке, чтобы получились грамматически правильные вопросительные предложения.
- hotel, where, the, is? – Where is the hotel?
- capital, what, of, is, the USA, the? – What is the capital of the USA?
- cinema, do, go, you, how, to, the often? – Hoy often do you go
to the cinema?
- friends, how, see, often, you, do, your? — Hoy often do you see your friends?
- English, are, homework, you, your, doing? -Are you doing your English
- on, year, last, holiday, did, you, go, where? — Where did you go on holiday
- you, when, your, did, visit, grandmother? — When did you visit your
- your, will, when, you, exams, pass? – When will you pass your exams?
- Переведите на английский язык, употребляя модальные глаголы.
- Я умею говорить по — английски. – I can speak English.
- Она не может вас понять. – She cannot understand you.
- Я умею пользоваться компьютером. -I can use a computer.
- Можно мне войти? -May I come in?
- Мы должны упорно работать над своим английским. – We must work
hard on your English.
- Ты должен делать уроки каждый день. – You must do your lessons
- Мы не должны забывать о своих родителях. – We must not forget our
- Ты умеешь говорить по-французски? – Can you speak French?
- Вставьте модальные глаголы may(might), can(could).
- Can you help me?
- You may read this book: you know the language well enough.
- The school was silent: nothing could be heard in the long dark corridors.
- Waiting may be endless, you know.
- There might be no doubt about it
- Передайте следующие предложения в косвенной речи.
- Oleg said: “My room is on the second floor.” — Oleg said that his room was on
the second floor.
- Tom said: “I have already had breakfast.” — Tom said that he had already had
- The teacher said: “We shall discuss this subject tomorrow.” — The teacher said
that we would discuss that subject the next day.
- Nellie said: “I read `Jane Eyre` last year.” — Nellie said that she had read
`Jane Eyre` the year before.
- I said to them, “I can give you my uncle address.” — I told them that I could
give them my uncle’s address.
- “Do you like my pies. Ann?” asked her grandmother. – Her grandmother
asked Ann if she liked her pies.
- “What did you do at school yesterday, John?” said his father. – His father
asked John what he had done at school the day before.
- “Come to my house tomorrow, Jane” said Lena. — Lena invited Jane
to her house the next day.
с дистанционным обучением?